28 October 2017

very gingerly

'The way I keep in touch with the world is very gingerly, because the world touches too hard.'

Don Van Vliet (Captain Beefheart) in Anton Corbijn's superb short film about him 'Some Yoyo Stuff'.  What an amazing man, artist, musician, human being he was.



I am here in Shetland. A nice small group came for T'ai Chi last night here at The Weaving Shed Gallery, and we will have another session today, storms permitting. But mainly it has been my great pleasure to spend time relaxing in such a wild beautiful place, hanging out with Geoff Jukes, who is a fantastic person, and talk about the Dharma, the Tao and swap stories from life. Also we just watched the great short documentary I have quoted from above. I am slowly getting back to blogging and doing admin, but the phrase resonated with me so, as it is also how I feel about the world. Workshop pics soo I hope... Where ever you are reading this, I hope you are well.

No comments: