30 October 2017

tiny paintings

I have spent the evening sorting pictures for this blog from the workshops of the last week or so both in Aberdeenshire and in Shetland. But it's very late, and some still need cropping so I will continue in the morning. This afternoon a parcel arrived and I was delighted to receive my copies of Dark Mountain 12 'Sanctum', a wonderful book which I have had the honour of illustrating, along with several others. I have made 10 tiny paintings using only natural materials, on deerskin parchment made by Thomas Keyes from creatures accidentally killed on the roads. More about the book, and the Sanctum project as a whole here.

The books are available here.

The incredible cover by Thomas Keyes

Persephone, one of the 10 windows I painted for the texts.


No comments: