22 July 2016

Fear of Music

Apropos of nothing, I have been listening to music again for the first time in a year or so... Just wanted to recommend Bjork's 'Vulnicura', a wonderfully moving album, I much prefer it to the previous LP 'Biophilia'. I am currently listening to Radiohead's 'A Moon Shaped Pool', also very good: channelling Can, Alice Coltrane's 'Journey in Satchidananda', Nick Drake and Debussy, so pretty much right up my street. I have been a fan of Radiohead since uni and Bjork since I was 16. One of the few 12"s I ran out to buy was the Sugarcubes' 'Birthday', (the others were David Sylvian's 'Taking the Veil', and Cocteau Twins' 'Echoes in a Shallow Bay'). A large proportion of our T'ai Chi folk are musicians or huge music lovers, we could form a great scratch band, I'm sure. Great River - T'ai Chi Centre Alt-Orchestra anyone?

Must stop typing and putting off jobs that need doing...
See you later!

No comments: