08 May 2015

Some May photos

To cheer myself up after the election dismay I have sorted out a few of last month's pictures. Here is a totally random mixture - all sorts, but it made me happy. I am off for a 5 day immersive wood craft course from Sunday morning which will certainly expand and test my skills, so wish me luck. Mark will be taking the Wednesday Hackney class and has lots of great stuff lined up for the session. Love and best wishes to all who maybe reading this.
 

Making baskets at the 'Whittlin' and Weavin' Course', last month.

Early stages.

An optical illusion, I promise no geese were harmed in the making of this basket.

The willow basket I made as soon as I got home, I stayed up til 1 am.

I have been looking through some old sketch books of mine from many years ago...

Me, with dreadlocks, on the cover of  the Bournemouth Evening Echo, at a peaceful Anti-Poll Tax march, when Thatcher was at the BIC for a party conference. The newspaper totally under-reported the marcher numbers and didn't mention the thousands of pensioners who bussed in from all over the country to play their part. That was the week I realised our press may well be free, but it is not always truthful or unbiased.

Class continued with the view of snow at Balvack, after a day of warm sunshine.

My first carved spoon. A highly addictive craft.
 
Bright sun streamed in as we worked in Aberdeenshire.

Logs at Kyle of Lochalsh trhough rainy train windows.

Spoon, almost finished.

Talisker Bay, Skye, where I went to talk with Iain McGilchrist.

Uprooting.
 

No comments: