For many years I have known the superb musician and recording artist, Mark Beazley. I got to know the music of his earlier band Rothko (originally a line up of 3 bass players with effects pedals, nothing else), and after an amazing gig, I went up to try to buy him a drink, and he and Crawford, another band member, each just asked for a pint of water... For a while all the members of my last but one band, Delicate AWOL, played in Rothko, and we recorded a few records. Mark and I also did an album together 'A Place Between', on Lo Records. Both being busy folks these days, we tend to meet up a couple of times a year, and yesterday we finally met up for tea in town. Both of us share a love of silence, (surprisingly common amongst musicians), and plan to go on a quiet retreat in January, preferably somewhere within easy public transport of London, as we don't drive. If you know of anywhere, and that the costs are not too high, or are perhaps by donation, then please do get in touch. The only thing we both felt we wanted was maybe some hills around, rather than a flat area of landscape.Mark's label is called Trace Recordings and if you enjoy music, then do have a look and a listen. It's a one man operation and the site is full of really excellent artists.
The above image is one of the many gorgeous Trace Wallpapers by Stephen Spera, available on the 'free stuff' page of the Trace site.
I have just listened twice through to Rome Pays Off new CD 'there's no simple explanation', by Mark and Crawford. Truly amazing and beautiful.
No comments:
Post a Comment