25 February 2020

Heart felt thanks

Here's to all my Aberdeenshire students for their wonderful work this weekend, their why-not? attitude and great food too. I was really impressed with everyone who busked along with things beyond their clearance grade. We send our love to Alistair for a speedy recovery. Photos in the next few days.

I appreciate so much the support from you all for my 6 month sabbatical. I shall be resting, not working any evenings, and reducing my travel as soon as fixed commitments are over, by mid April. I'll be studying Left Side intricacies with Mark and look forward to sharing all my research and development with you in September. Our Wenesday fortnightly advanced study group is the focus of my T'ai Chi life at the moment, and I am gratfeul for the excellent folks I get to train with. Mark will be teaching in Aberdeenshire in May, on my planned dates. I hope you all have a great weekend.

In September I also hope to bring some staff partnerwork Mark and I will be working on. For those who are free, Taichi Caledonia looks good this year, and if anyone is planning on going, let me know, so I can let our dear friend Master Sam Masich know, and give an introduction. Sam will be teaching Sword with partnerwork, which would be worth attending. There is much else to enjoy.

My weekly Wednesday morning T'ai Chi at the Lido sessions are continuing throughout my sabbatical, seeing as I am already in Tooting each Tuesday night to study and assist.

In a couple of weeks I will produce invites for the Summer and Autumn workshops with Mark. It will be his 15th year and so we plan a few nice extra features... The dates are already here on the blog, just scroll down or search 'workshops'. Do feel free to get in touch with T'ai Chi colleagues who no longer come along, due to pressures of life or moving. If they are free on the first Saturday of the Summer Intensive, they will be so welcome. We will be inviting old friends and colleagues, guests and students to come for a day of simple form, sticking, push hands and salutations. More soon.

Warmest greetings to all Great River students past and present, from the River Thames. 

No comments: