24 October 2018

National Park City Map

London will be the world's first National Park City. Next year will see the launch but in the meantime there are wonderful maps you can get, subsidised by the National Trust, showing all the green and blue spaces of the wider London area, all walks, allotments, green spaces and of course, parks. It is a lovely map, and I am already itching to get out there. The maps are a great resources for walking, cycling, paddling, playing, gardening and all those other forms of fun which enrich us all. Claim yours, and make donations at: Urban Good. I knew the rivers Mole and Ember were near me, but I did not know the Dead River, which I have just found on the rivers map overleaf from the main map. Apparently it is currently choked with invasive plants. I will ask the EA guys at the lock if they need volunteers.

No comments: