25 May 2018

Open Space Technology

The five principles of Open Space Technology:
  1. Whoever comes are the right people
  2. Whenever it starts is the right time
  3. Wherever it happens is the right place
  4. Whatever happens is the only thing that could have
  5. When it’s over, it’s over 

& the one law:
  • The law of Two Feet (aka the law of mobility aka the law of passion and responsibility)
If you find yourself somewhere where you are not learning, or not contributing, use the technology available to you (your two feet - if that’s what you use) and take yourself where your time is better spent. Only you know where that is. You are responsible for the quality of your own experience.


Thanks to Sarah from Tuesday class for this. I love it. It applies to our T'ai Chi, to art and to relationship. I wish I had applied it to my earlier art and music lives, I might have saved myself and others much trouble.

From Sarah: 'Open Space Technology was invented by Harrison Owen who gave it to the world and doesn’t require anyone to pay him for it, so it’s nice to credit him where possible. We/I use it to work on all sorts of issues for arts practitioners, as well as to make shows. It’s both a "business” and creative tool and it is awesome. If anyone wants more info, here ’tis: https://www.devotedanddisgruntled.com/about-open-space-technology '

No comments: