07 June 2017

Open T'ai Chi Class in Hillswick Shetland- change of date

I will be running an introductory T'ai Chi class for all who wish to come along on July 6th at 7pm at The Weaving Shed Gallery, Hillswick. There will be no charge for the class but donations for the Hillswick Wildlife Sanctuary next door will be gratefully received. I will be in Shetland teaching a student privately and an open class seemed like a good idea. I have some crazy half-formed idea that one day a Viking squad (there are almost 50 in Shetland) might like to learn some very unViking Sword for fun... Sadly as yet we have no Axe Form. Perhaps they can teach me.

I can't wait to visit the otter sanctuary next door to where I will be staying. I have seen the tail and ripples of a departing sea otter whilst foraging in Ardnamurchan but have never got really close to one yet. My grandmother, who was from NE Aberdeenshire, instilled in me a great love of otters and told me how as a young girl she used to see them hunting in the burns and rivers near her home. It may well be hard to concentrate on 'Embrace Tiger, Return To Mountain' when these fellows are next door.
You can donate to their urgent appeal here.

No comments: