03 February 2016

Wild Pottery

I will be going along to this great course from 16-17th April and thought some of the other makers and do-ers in the schools might like to read about it or come along. We will learn to make pots how our British ancestors did, from gathering clay from nature to building and firing vessels. Have a look...

This weekend I shall be in the woods, with only the clothes I stand up in (no Gore-Tex or modern fibres...), a wool blanket, my knife, fire-steel, billy can and a small folding saw. The aim is to camp in style rather than survive grimly, shivering. I will certainly need all my skills and some good fortune, as well as the awesome long green woollen jumper Davina knitted me, as the weather looks as though it will be foul. Wish me luck! See you at class next week.
Last time I did this it was not mid-Winter...

No comments: