05 May 2015

The Wake

One of my favourite works of fiction ever has just come out I paperback and will be brought to life in some way for one night only at the Edinburgh Festival this year, details below. I will be away doing deer-skin tanning and moccasin making in the woods of southern England, but would also love to be going to this. Go if you can, and tell me all about it! This email came form the author Paul Kingsnorth, who I met recently at an excellent event in Wimbledon.



                            

The Wake is now in paperback

Plus news of a special event this summer

There were no printed words in 1066, and most people couldn't have read them anyway. But here we are nearly a thousand years on, and you have the chance to hold the paperback of The Wake in your hands. It's published today, and it's a thing of beauty. You can read more about it here.

To celebrate, I'm putting together a special event later this year at the Edinburgh Book Festival. It's not been announced publicly yet, so this is a sneak preview. On the afternoon of Saturday 22nd August, I'll be on stage with actor Mark Rylance, who will be reading from The Wake, and storyteller Martin Shaw, who will be telling an old Anglo-Saxon tale that may not have been told for a thousand years. It's a one-off, and it should be good. Keep an eye on the events page of my website for full details soon.

No comments: