09 March 2015

Recent good things

The Tao Te Ching says that to the Tao humans are like straw dogs...

I just re-read John Gray's excellent book Straw Dogs, which was even better on a second read. Also last week I found an article by him in the Guardian. I highly recommend it.

On an arts front I also have to say how much I loved BBC2's adaptation of Wolf Hall. However I am already a huge Mark Rylance fan, and have seen him on stage three times in the last few years. To be honest I would happily pay folding money watch him do nothing in particular. This would also apply to the superb actor Tilda Swinton. If the filmic and televisual gods are listening - please pair them both in something fabulous soon... (Interestingly, both have said in interviews that they did not speak for about five years as children...)
There may always be cut-throat men of power in the world, sadly. 
If only they dressed, moved and stood as well as this nowadays.


Today I am having a complete day off after looking after two of my lovely nieces for 22 hours, during which I slept for about 4 hours.

No comments: