10 July 2014

Pictures from The Blade workshop

Home

The Bladers

Freshly crushed malachite ready for smelting.

The resultant ingots of copper, which were added to the bronze mix.

Will Lord, quenching my freshly-cast bronze sword.

My mis-cast bronze knife after cooling. It went on to be a lovely little knife, and I will finish the handle to it this week.

Antony Whitlock, starting a new flint core for us to knap from.

Dave Budd, knife maker extraordinaire, polishing a sword.

Open, close, open, close. Bellows in the forge.
 
The course may run again next year in this or similar format with Woodsmoke. Let me know if you would like to come. Flint-knapper and new T'ai Chi friend Antony Whitlock can be found here. We hope to meet up and do a T'ai Chi / flint knapping swap in Dorset in August. Will Lord's website is here, he can teach so many amazing things, and a good friend made a beautiful long bow with him a few years ago. Dave Budd knives are here. His knives (one tiny very useful one so far) and courses are where I can see all my spare money going over the next year.

No comments: