Tomorrow night at Mark's Thursday class I am hoping to co-ordinate diaries with folk to arrange the Power Training (pressing and firing, etc) in London. We will make a small group and arrange a lesson privately with Mark sometime over the next 2 months. You need to have studied partner work for a few years as well as have finished, or be studying, the Long Form. I have an old list from a year ago of those who are interested, and who Mark feels are appropriate, and will approach folks over the next few weeks to see if we need two groups or more. Feel free to get in touch about this.
From Marks' website:
'The Power Training cultivates intrinsic energy and commences when students have developed a deeper understanding of sinking and relaxing. Through the practice of standing, grinding, pressing and firing, the root strengthens and the whole body’s energy is developed as one unit - we then learn to yield the mind from a firm foundation and to issue energy naturally and freely from the ground.'
I hope to arrange for Mark to offer this to the senior students in Aberdeenshire next Spring, by which time I aspire to be of some use in assisting with it...
No comments:
Post a Comment