... back from the river to this madness. Boroughs all around us burning, looting and lawless. So far Tooting is quiet.
All over the world, especially the middle east, folks are being killed by their states, banned from gathering, and also in Greece due to massive hardships, they are protesting for legitimate reasons. Here, folks seem to be more interested in looting trainers from JD Sports all organised on their Blackberries. It's just terribly sad. There is a gulf between the generations, and I admit I really don't get it at all.
Today I had planned to go looking for blackberries on the hill by the park, much as I had whilst camping in East Anglia recently. This had caused some misunderstanding between myself and my teenage nephew, as he assured me there'd be a better Blackberry smart-phone choice in London. Much as I love and regularly use my tide and moon-phase apps, I am still more interested in wild food than gadgets. However, I taught him how to sharpen a knife blade to a razor-edge using a Japanese water-stone, as well as how to carve a tent peg, make twine from nettle and sew a leather pouch, so I guess I might be of some use after all, come the end-times.
No comments:
Post a Comment