This was the blog for Great River T'ai Chi and The T'ai Chi Centre from 2006-2023. This is now archive-only. You can find the schools at www.thetaichicentre.co.uk and www.greatrivertaichi.com
03 August 2011
Last night on BBC1 I watched an excellent documentary called 'Imagine - Being a Concert Pianist'. At over an hour long it had great in-depth interviews and actually showed long extracts of virtuoso playing by current and past concert pianists. I had planned to go to bed but I watched to the end. Insights into solitude and dedication, as well as the essential feeling sense needed to really make the music live were all expressed. I got the impression of some very rich inner lives, and surprising humour too. Seeing as this was the first impromptu telly I have watched since April, I am well satisfied. Hopefully you can catch it on iplayer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment