Dave has found these folks London Longsword, he plans to go along soon. It'll be excellent research for his book, but also may just be great fun. I hope to visit over the Summer break.
Dave Rawlings, the teacher, wrote this interesting article on his blog about sensing-sword. There are also links to the pdf of the original 13th or 14th Century German texts it is based on, which have surprising parallels to some of our Classics in T'ai Chi, as well as great period illustrations. If you have trouble accessing that, email me and I will Yousendit you the file.
I am currently working on the 6 sword applications that Mark has devised, and it is tremendous fun and so beneficial to outreaching in empty-hand partnerwork too. Other than that, I had a 121 yesterday containing in 1 1/2 hours enough to keep me working and researching 'til Xmas...
No comments:
Post a Comment