Here is a link to Things Are Not What They Seem, a public talk given by Iain McGilchrist during the workshop I just attended at Schumacher College.This video was recently posted on their website. The excellent talk is about an hour and a half long, widely cirles the current book, extends some ideas, and gives pointers to what Iain plans to write next. Anyway, if you have a cup of tea and the inclination, enjoy.
I am still integrating the week's work, as well as acknowledging the end of one long-term cycle in my life / work and the beginnings of another, as well as the fruition of a process which germinated last summer recess. Now many things seem subtly or dramatically transformed. Regular classes and veggie growing in the garden are not adversely affected, so don't panic. However, for some time perhaps a Morrisey lyric from the Smiths will clarify:
'If I seem a little strange, well that's because I am.'
No comments:
Post a Comment