14 April 2011

Sponsor John for charity runs

I got this from John from the Aberdeenshire posse yesterday. I hope he gets lots of sponsorship for his endeavours.

I am taking part in to raise some money for a charity that is close to me. In December last year my Aunt died of a liver cancer Cholangiocarcinoma after only 6weeks of illness. My Uncle has discussed with the British Liver Trust that any money raised will be specially allocated (ring fenced) with him involved in how the money will be spent. This means that the money will be directed to actual research into something like finding an earlier diagnosis and not lost into charity running costs. I am taking part in two events two weeks apart to give myself a real challenge these are a 10kilometre race in Aberdeen on the 22nd May and a 10mile (approx 16km) event organised by my uncle in the town where he lives (details at http://www.magstock.org/). I would really appreciate you support and if you could sponsor me or donate some money. I am doing this through a website called just giving. My page is here http://www.justgiving.com/john-wharton0/

If you would prefer not to use the web and card then thats fine by me and you can do it the old fashioned way with paper and money as well.

No comments: