My old student Rob has been away for a year studying theatre and is doing a research project on the links between what we do and Physical Theatre. Just wondering if anyone has come across and articles, books or web stuff of interest. Rob seems to have found lots of interesting links, and I am looking forward to meeting up with him soon to lend some books and hear about (from Rob's email) 'Grotowski and his theory on 'Via Negative' which I understand as not learning 'new tricks' but rather breaking down the blocks and barriers that we have built up in life, so that we can be more truthful onstage', which sounds very interesting.
Rob assisted me at Central School of Speech and Drama, when I taught a term there with first year drama students, and the links have certainly been percolating for him... Any pointers to writings, film, theatre or whatever, would be appreciated.
No comments:
Post a Comment