07 March 2011

news

The first installment of In Doubt We Trust was on Radio 4 this weekend, I caught it by accident and heard the last 20 minutes which were interesting, I will listen to it all soon. Iain McGilchrist was speaking as I turned the radio on.

Just just did a one-off session of T'ai Chi for a great drop-in service in Gants Hill. Thanks to the centre users for their enthusiasm and attention, as well as the warm welcome. Thanks to Carmen for her assistance. When we walked in someone mis-heard us and thought we were the IT instructors, rather than the T'ai Chi instructors, which would have made for an interesting session.

I had the great pleasure of watching several hours of Great Crested Grebe courting rituals this weekend on the river. Wonderful, wonderful creatures: to think they were once hunted almost to extinction here, as their incredibly soft feathers were all the rage for lining the inside of ladies hand muffs. I have made a tiny video of the birds, but it's too small an image. I will see if I can improve it.

No comments: