Many years ago I wrote some lyrics for and sung vocals for 'Finding Heart Through Pain' a track on Mountain Men Anonymous's LP 'Krknose', and went down to Cardiff from Aberdeenshire to record an evening session for Radio 1, broadcast in Wales. I never got a copy of the session as that was the one night ever that the BBC server failed, and as far as I know there are no recordings. I am genearlly slapdash about archiving my music, as it's such a product of the moment for me. However, the other day Duncan dared me to Google my own name, something I had not done since running our recording studio in Stockwell, over 11 years ago. Luckily, there was a happy lack of slander, and also many other Caroline Rosses around the world, most of whom seem to be involved in science or art. Anyway, on the second page of results I found the film-maker Daniel Hopkins' site, as he had made a film of the song mentioned above, but then the band split up, so it never came out, and I heard no more. Here's a link for anyone interested. video He tells me it's not his best video, and was hastily editied together. His photos are really good, one is below, and here is a link to his site Landcrash

No comments:
Post a Comment