28 February 2011

Delight

This weekend of workshops in Aberdeenshire was a real delight, the best yet for me. Thanks to all students, both new and old hands, for your warmth, enthusiasm, and the engaging way in which you all work together, sharing whatever's new between you. Working with the weapons form and applications was a particularly good way to get the weekend going. The deeper investigations into push, press and split were also a high point, and I am looking forward to exploring some of that research with Jonathan, David, Duncan and other folks here. The importance of sticking in every aspect of T'ai Chi seemed the underlying theme in each session. The final session of Dance, Heartwork and a short form to round-off was a good way to end, and I may repeat that in future.

Thanks to all for bringing delicious food, Paolo and Davina for hosting, and everyone for rustling up unbroken sunshine the whole time. It's raining and cold in Tooting... I am having one day off T'ai Chi to catch up with boring stuff, and then I am off to explore our push hands work tomorrow night with the London posse.
 Mutually Assured Destruction (or staff vs sword applications)
sticking

No comments: