Just received this from Chris at my Wednesday class: cage against the machine. You may have read about it over the weekend, but it is a campaign to put a new 'remix' of John Cage's 4' 33" (a silent piece for piano) at the top of the charts and frustrate Simon Cowell's despotic reign of X-factor sound terror, in other words, keep the winner off number 1. I haven't yet bought an Mp3 track on I tunes or anywhere digitally as I prefer a higher quality digital sound file, but I have uploaded my bands' music and sold it that way, and I buy apps and movies online, so I shall take a leap into the dark and for my first track buy some silence. All profits go to great charities to do with music as well as one that helps tinnitus sufferers, as listed at the link above. Surrealist protests will usually get me interested.
5 mins later: Just downloading Adam F's 'club remix' of 4' 33", going to give it a good listen with a cup of tea shortly.
No comments:
Post a Comment