This week in my T'ai Chi life: A dear and much missed student gets in touch to say they won't be doing T'ai Chi any more. A new student who has done years of study elsewhere joins the crew and arranges to come to workshops. A good student, who has study this year that clashes with our classes, phones to keep in touch and see what we've been up to. A new student in another country asks to study form with us. Someone who has never done T'ai Chi before turns up to beginners class and busks most of the way through the intermediate class too. A dear colleague loses his partner, our hearts go out to him. Several good students and colleagues are very ill, and I am concerned for them. A handful of students announce births and pregancies. Colleagues have massive 'aha ' moments and their pushing hands deepen tremendously. A keen student stays behind after class to do solo work on their form. I remember and send love to all the folks who have been to classes I have either taught or attended over the past 15 years of T'ai Chi study. I see an application I have never seen my teacher show before, and my eyes light up. A new T'ai Chi friend arrives to stay for a while and study here. Longstanding students get in touch with interesting articles, links and info. One good student teaches their first session on their own and one assists me for the first time. I make initial plans with friends to go to T'ai Chi Caledonia, and Hannover Push Hands, if I have the cash. I have a 121 with my teacher and work on connection, connection, connection. I get home at midnight after 40 hours travel on public transport this week, all to teach T'ai Chi, and feel moved to reach out to all my T'ai Chi brothers and sisters.
I spend half a day on the great river, appreciating its flow.
No comments:
Post a Comment