To the students both North and South who have been affected by my couple of session cancellations due to illness recently - huge apologies. As of today I have arranged cover should anything be awry again (and I am hoping it will not be needed), so no further cancellations should arise.
I am looking forward to seeing the Aberdeenshire students from tomorrow and having a grand autumn workshop with our teacher Mark. Lots of the London students have asked me to send their love, and so I am doing that now. Please bring your enthusiasm and an open heart to all classes, whether that's the small weekly session you are running, or a big class with your teacher, or indeed your own private practice. When the season changes it can be tempting to hide away, get overly concerned with self and turn the tendrils inwards. Cold weather and long nights can be demoralising, but don't be disheartened. We are lucky that we do a thing we love with people we can share it with. So if you need a pep talk, talk to someone good, or get in touch with me. Things change, but how we adapt is up to us.
Outreaching, getting less concerned with self, and re-membering connection: these are the ways to open the door.
No comments:
Post a Comment