I just managed to order the swords and have obtained free postage and a good discount for you all. I will bring them up to Aberdeenshire when Mark teaches in October, which will save postage costs for you, hope you don't mind waiting. London students should get theirs next week.
I was chatting to the owner of www.taichifinder.co.uk about the lack of any decent tassels out there, and he too finds it impossible to find something of quality to stock. In the meantime, get a tassel from where ever you can, it is difficult since our good supplier disappeared. I will show folks how to 'pimp their tassels' (!) with extra beads and knots to make the weight better for actual use in form and applications. Be on the lookout for an even number of beads you like with a hole of at least 2mm. Over the winter I will research courses on both Chinese knot work and also tassel making, as 1. it'll be a lovely craft and 2. I will finally be able to get and give tassels that don't make our swords look like toys. If you hear of anything along those lines, do let me know.
No comments:
Post a Comment