
The Master and his Emissary - The Divided Brain and the Making of the Western World... by Iain McGilchrist is the book that Mark has been refering to this week. The ISBN number is 978-0-300-14878-7. When I get back from holiday I will post a brief personal appreciation of it (I am not qualified to 'review' it) and hope I can inspire others to delve into its depths. I can honestly say it is one of the 10 best books I have read in my life. As far as 'Dharma' or 'Tao' books go, it is certainly the most helpful and elucidating of our way and its practice, that I have ever read, and it sits alongside Lao Tzu, Chuang Tzu, Tao Te Ching and the T'ai Chi Classics. More soon.
2 comments:
Aberdeenshire Libraries have a copy of this in their catalogue
Amazon are currently selling the hardback version for about £16 including postage.
The paperback version is due to be published 31 August 2010 for about £11, but can be be pre-ordered from Tesco for about £7.
Post a Comment