30 October 2011

Food

Autumn requires pies. I have just made another one like the apple and quince pie I made at the workshop last week. The room smells of hot fruit and pastry. I will now amuse South London folks by walking through the streets bearing a large, lidded, wicker basket of pie whilst wearing a long skirt and streaming floaty scarves. At the weekends I need to balance up the trainer-and-tracksuit-wearing T'ai Chi weapons carrying time with my quota of steam-punk / quasi-Edwardian demeanor. Variety may truly be the spice of life, but the spice of this pie is vanilla. I am as fond of my folded steel kitchen knife as I am of my sabre and sword (which together cost about the same as the Japanese kitchen blade). The care in the creation and the joy in the sharing are just two ways that T'ai Chi and good food make excellent companions.

Next week I will assemble all the Great River T'ai Chi workshop food recipes you have sent me over the last 6 years and make a dedicated page on this blog for them, with pictures. More soon.

No comments: