31 March 2019

Bits and pieces - more

As many of you know, I make many things, including ink, rag rugs and preserves. I am always after these things, that you might otherwise be throwing away. If you have any of these, please feel free to bring them to class for me. I will be very grateful. it's also a great way to stop single use waste.

* Bonne Maman style jam jars (for my preserve-making)

* Coloured old T shirts or long sleeved tops made of cotton (used for rag rugs)

* Small glass or plastic screw top bottles and containers that are water-tight: eg, ginger shot, medicine or cosmetic bottles. (for home made inks)

* Avocado stones and skins, clean, I can dry them and use them to dye things an amazing pink colour. I don't often eat them, so if you do, please save them for me. I know it sounds unlikely, but search for 'avocado dye', it's beautiful.

* Prunings from grape vines. If you have a vine and have any pruned bits, old or new, please save them for me, I make fine charcoal from them, for drawing.

* Cat's whiskers! when you cat naturally moults any whiskers, please save them for me, I have 3 so far and need about 8 or so to make a very special paint-brush...

Thankyou!

No comments: