23 October 2011

Jasmine Tea

Quite a few students have asked what the lovely tea is that we have at Hackney each week, (which is the same tea I used to serve in Scotland when I lived here). I buy it at Macbeans in Aberdeen, and was able to pop in yesterday and stock up for the year. We bumped into Sandy and his wife stocking up on teas and coffees too. Macbeans is a small independent company who roast their own coffee and blend their own teas, now they also do mail order via their website or by phone, and as teas don't weigh that much, it's pretty economical. I use three of their teas, all jasmine. The first is their regular Jasmine tea, made with half black and half green teas, it's very refreshing and has a nice bold flavour. The next is their Jasmine 'Chung Hao' and is more delicate. The finest, and most costly are the Jasmine 'Pearls' which are hand rolled whole green tea leaves and unfold in the pot to make a delicious mellow tea. I have used all of these at class, and will bring a couple of extra tea pots for the last class before Christmas break, so we can have a little tea tasting with some mince pies.

No comments: